Revitalising Your Property’s Curb Appeal: Partnering with Your Local Concrete Experts
For the most part, typical paving solutions can last up to a decade or so without requiring any extensive repairs or refurbishments, but once dilapidation begins to set in, the asphalt, tarmac, and concrete tend to degrade very quickly. Even if you sweep, power-wash, and facilitate patchwork on frequent basis, there are numerous environmental factors that can exacerbate any cracks, fissures, or potholes that have started to form. With this notion in mind, take a brief moment to look at some of the most common driveway killers in today’s day and age:
- Harmful UV Rays: Any type of asphalt or paving solution requires a binding agent to hold all of the small aggregates together, but the sun’s UV rays are powerful enough to break down even the strongest of industrial adhesives. Therefore, you’ll begin to notice fractures, chips, and loose gravel with the passage of time.
- Corrosion and Oxidation: Oxidation begins to appear in driveways approximately 10-20 months after the initial installation, but the effects are intensified significantly with consistent sun exposure. As a result, consistent exposure to oxygen causes the asphalt colour to fade and becomes increasingly brittle over time.
- Vehicular Strain: Once the asphalt begins to oxidise, it will become more susceptible to cracking, blistering, and fractures stemming from heavy traffic loads. As these fissures begin to populate the entire surface area, it won’t take long for water to seep in and worsen the issue.
Modern Paving Services
Regardless of whether you wish to refurbish a small walkway in Sydney or build multiple driveways in North Melbourne, your local paving specialists are qualified to work with a seemingly infinite assortment of paving solutions, some of which are shown below:
- Exposed Aggregate: This unique surface features visible textures within its construct, and is usually comprised of pebbles, shells, or crushed stone for a premium contemporary aesthetic.
- Coloured Concrete: Renowned paving specialists are able to mix various coloured oxides and complex additives to procure concrete in a myriad of different hues, tints, and shades, which makes coloured concrete the perfect solution for properties that feature a bespoke visage.
- Pave Cut: These concrete blocks provide a distinctly symmetrical appeal since each slab is cut precisely with a diamond saw prior to installation. The resulting effect is a largely uniform, paved appearance with small seams outlining each individual slab.
- Custom Work: From foundation installations and parking lot construction to personalised design plans and building permit procurement, modern paving firms truly represent your one-stop shop for any concrete-related projects.
Partnering with the Right Firm
Regardless of the size or scope of your upcoming project, you’ll obviously want to work with a resourceful firm that can handle tasks above and beyond simple concrete mixing and pouring. Fortunately, the most renowned paving companies are able to offer the following construction services on a year-round basis:
- Advanced landscaping
- Retaining walls
- Sundecks, patios, and porches
- Pergolas, pavilions, and gazebos
As you might imagine, partnering with a versatile paving company will allow you to come up with new ideas and thematic approaches that would otherwise remain obscured. And best of all, you won’t have to outsource any of the work to third-party contractors, which is a huge money saver when undertaking any kind of home improvement project.