Flat Roofing Advice: Everything You Have to Know About Single-Ply Rubber Roofing Solutions
Customary iterations of flat roofing such as PVC, TPO, modified bitumen, generic gravel, and spray-on coatings are beginning to fall out of favour amongst building owners across the United Kingdom. A direct upshot of this mentality shift has been the ascent of single-ply rubber roofing.
What Is Single-Ply Rubber Roofing?
Single-ply rubber roofing sounds as if it is a very technical, convoluted term but it’s actually quite simple when you break it down piece by piece:
- High-quality layer of insulation that shields against all climatic conditions
- Layer of heavy-duty, hard-wearing rubberised composite
- Attractive top coating, generally comprised of appealing acrylic
- Individualised flashings and water seepage deterrents based on your building’s configuration
- Industrial-strength adhesives and cements that integrate all of the components into a uniform, seamless final product
Fairly straightforward, right? Now let’s look at the benefits of partnering with some affordable roofers in South Yorkshire and installing this new age flat roofing alternative.
Why Would I Opt for Single Ply Rubber Roofing?
The foremost advantage of single-ply rubber solutions is that they are markedly more energy efficient; traditional flat roofs will experience a 40-degree temperature increase on a sunny 80-degree day while a single-ply rubber roof will only rise by about four or five degrees in the same conditions. Highlighted below are some of the other windfalls:
- Exceedingly lightweight and adaptable to asymmetrical or uncommon formational designs
- Resilient in the face of ultraviolet rays, ozone radiation, and other environmental influences
- Practically maintenance free
- Slashed labour and fitting charges
- Shock-resistant and impervious to hard impacts
Over the span of two decades, no other flat roofing option can come close to the savings concomitant with single-ply roofing so don’t sneeze at this new-age solution when it comes time for a roof repair or upgrade.