Benefits That You Can Reap from Using SIPs
Structural insulated panels, more commonly known as SIPs, are a cost- and energy-efficient type of insulation that is easier and quicker to install and provides valuable benefits compared to other types of insulation. Here is a look at all the benefits you can get if you opt to use structural insulated panels for your home or small commercial building.
- Less time to install. A structural insulated panel is usually made bigger than other insulating panels, thereby making their installation a lot faster to finish. There are fewer panels to install, thanks to their large size. Reduced installation time also translates to reduced labour costs.
- Reduce energy costs. SIPs reduce energy costs. It is because they are more energy efficient in both heating and cooling. It also means that SIPs are more environmentally friendly.
- Come in custom sizes. Although SIPs usually come in 8×24 feet panels, you can also have them tailor-made to your specifications. If you have them made to your size requirements, it will mean less material waste on your part.
- Better air quality. Structural insulated panels provide better indoor air quality, thanks to the materials that they use. They prevent common air pollutants from entering the home, which is the reason why schools and hospitals prefer an approved SIP UK constructors recommend, as well as homes with family members that are susceptible to illnesses, because better air quality is guaranteed.
- Beneficial to contractors. Contractors can achieve airtight envelopes because of the large sizes of these panels. There are also fewer gaps between each panel. It makes their work faster and more efficient and reduces the time of labour. These sealed envelopes are crucial in achieving energy efficiency.
- Higher R-values. In roof and wall insulating systems, the SIPs’ R-value is considerably high. And because installing both thin and thick panels require the same construction techniques; the capability of SIPs to insulate is far better.
Should you think about installing SIPs?
If you are debating whether you should opt for SIPs for your home or commercial insulation, just looking at the benefits that you can get from them should be enough to convince you to go for them. Probably the best thing about structural insulated panels is they are suitable for most types of climate: cold, hot, dry, humid and rainy. Whatever the prevalent environment in your area, installing SIPs in your building will guarantee that it will be adequately insulated and you can also save money from them being energy efficient.
More and more people prefer installing SIPs for these reasons. When it comes to expenses regarding installation, they are much the same as for other types. The savings you will realise will be in the form of energy costs that the insulation system will save as well as the shortened construction time. There is no doubt that SIPs provide a brighter future for insulation technology. Future generations will be able to improve the technique and make even better insulation systems in the years to come.