15 Helpful Tips for Starting Your Bathroom Renovation
Bathroom renovation from flooring and walls, fixtures and rough plumbing installation, to vanities and storage is an exciting task, though it can be overwhelming, time-consuming and costly project. Before jumping to choosing the latest tile or bathtub design, there are some less pleasant things to consider, make a proper plan for right investments and get some professional help of House Renovations, and only then start well-organized transformation of your bathroom with expert tips and advice for a bathroom renovation.
- Set a budget to have a clearer sense of what you can spend on tile, fixtures, and extras.
- Define the duration of the renovation works, ordering, purchasing and delivery time.
- Plan correct sequence of required tasks to save time and avoid mistakes.
- Detect hidden problems and structural deficiencies in the floor and door framing, not properly vented or old-corroded plumbing, non-waterproof tile shower/tub surrounds.
- Design functionality and style of your project, considering such elements as tile and stone options, paint colour, vanities, shower and tubs, faucets and fixtures.
- Get correct main measurements and specifications of the overall size of the bathroom, location of existing plumbing pipes and electrical wiring and typical standard dimensions of bathroom fixtures.
- Find a reputed contractor such as House Renovations
8. Update or repair plumbing fixtures and features: shower, bathtub, toilet, bidet, sink, faucets and showerheads.
9. Plan functional, easily reachable and stylish cabinets, shelving and storage solutions.
10. Choose durable and moisture-resistant options for walls and floor surfaces.
11. Plan for maximizing natural light, whereas for artificial light it is advisable to have least 4 watts of incandescent lighting per square foot.
12. Consider of insignificant accessories like new towels, washcloths, soap dishes, mirrors, towel racks and bath mats.
13. Carefully design ventilation: choose the right fan and position for its installation, check necessary electrical wiring.
14. Consider budget-friendly options for adding a green touch to your bathroom: low-VOC or no-VOC paints, a low flow toilet, vanities made from sustainably harvested wood or recycled glass-tile surface countertops.
15 Before making a bathroom renovation, consider the other factors that influence on resale value:
age of your home.
The older your home the more significantly its renovation will add extra value.
- general condition of your house
It should be the same in other areas of your house as well
- a bathroom of modestly priced house should not be transformed into a luxury model.
So, be realistic!